3

Analysis for blogs

Following Tania Sheko’s recent post I was intrigued to find out this blog’s (my?) personality type and which author’s writing it most closely resembles.

Using Typealyzer I’ve discovered that Bailie’s Bus is an ISTP – the mechanics:

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

Interestingly, when I’ve done those Myer-Briggs type tests I’ve come out as (I think) as an ENFJ which is pretty well the opposite.  I certainly don’t see myself as an adventurer or risk-taker.  I do enjoy problem-solving, avoid inter-personal conflicts and look for fun in every situation so perhaps this is the side of me that comes out in the blog.

Next I checked out O’Faust to see whose writing style this blog most resembles.

According to Wikipedia:

His most famous writings are Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass as well as the poems “The Hunting of the Snark” and “Jabberwocky“, all considered to be within the genre of literary nonsense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Carroll

Literary nonsense!!!  Well, it could be worse!

So, these are both a bit of fun and they could easily be used with students.  O’Faust can also analyse any piece of writing by simply pasting it into a text box.  It’d be interesting to see what an English teacher could come up with to use this feature.  Do they ever get students to try and write in the style of an author?  What a great way to judge success if they do!

Heather

1. My blog’s personality didn’t match mine either. Maybe that’s why I enjoy blogging; allows me to become someone else! This could be a way to inspired kids to write.