2

I’ve done it again!

I’m a bad blogger.  My only excuse this time is that I’m near the end of six weeks leave. We just got home yesterday from a three week road trip through NSW and Queensland. I spent the two weeks before the holiday catching up on domestica and packing, and the six weeks of term 3 that I was actually at work were so crazily busy that some things (like this blog) simply got forgotten. No, not forgotten, ignored like a nagging toothache – you know you should attend to it, you know you’ll feel better if you do, but…

This will change!

My priorities/goals/challenges for term four are (in no particular order):

1. Blog more regularly about the miriad aspects of my role as ICT coach – the projects, the challenges, the successes and the failures.
  2. Be a better online participant – I want to add to the conversation instead of simply nodding my head when I agree, or muttering under my breath when I don’t.
  3. Get started on my presentation for the VITTA conference.  Get over the fact that I put in the submission in a moment of excitement and didn’t really expect to be accepted…this will be fun! (Yes it will, yes it will, yes it will…)
  4. Get mentally prepared to be working at 110 percent as of next Monday morning when school returns.  I am not going to allow myself to be so over-whelmed by all that needs doing that I resort to doing very little (if I say this often enough hopefully I will believe it!).
  5. Get more involved in the PLP program ning.
  6. Prepare, promote and present a lively and engaging program for Brekky Bytes and Afternoon (i.c.) Tea for term four.
  7. Work with CPT teams to encourage more participation by teachers in the year 12 study skills ning.  There is no doubt that the successful subject groups have the most contribution from teachers.  I have to work out how I can guide the non-participants to make their own discovery of how useful this form of communication can be.
  8. Set up the new ning for the class of 2010.  Work with the early commencement planning team to ensure that all our current year 11 students register on the ning before the end of early commencement week.  Work with teachers to ensure that all early commencement resources are available on the ning.

I’m sure there are many more but I am resolved to do everything as efficiently as possible (see point 4), so I won’t dally over publishing this.  Love to hear your tips and advice for achieving any or all of the above!

Heather

1. At least you have a strategic plan to get you back on track. It does sound as though you’re going to be very busy!

I have to say that I am hopeless at updating my personal blog. I’m better with our class blog, but even that needs updating. Maybe I’ll add that to the hoiday to-do list! 🙂

2. Hi Pam, thanks for the comment.
    I totally agree that it is hard work keeping up to date on a personal blog; but I do find that it is such a good way of keeping my thoughts organised and a great record of what I have been doing that it is well worth it when I do.