1

Embedding in the Ultranet – Notices

The notices app in the Ultranet is a very handy way of targetting information to specific groups be they a year level or homegroup of students, the members of a collaborative space, just the teachers in your school or even just the parents; but the text editing is very basic and you can’t even provide hyperlinks…or can you?

Few people realise that you can actually format the text any way you want; add hyperlinks and even embed HTML code to display features such as videos, presentations, documents and animated objects.  Here’s how:

First you need a wiki page or publication where you create your notice, editing it in exactly the same way you would any other wiki or publication – add or link to images, paste in code, format the text etc.  When you are finished go to the source view of the document and copy all the code.

Here is the publication I’ve created and edited for a notice about my school’s upcoming Workshop Week:

Editing a publication

Editing a publication

Here is the code for the publication, select and copy all the code:

Publication Source Code

Publication Source Code

Now go to your new notice.  Give it a title, image, select the recipients and display dates as normal.  Then, in the body of the message simply paste the code you copied from your publication or wiki and save.  It’s that simple!

Editing the notice

Editing the notice

And this is what the notice looks like in the Notice app.

Notice with Issuu document display

Notice with Issuu document display

I keep a publication display permanently on my Home page which displays my “Coding for notices” publication, and I change it for each new notice I create.  Very easy and very effective!

Heather

One Comment