2

How will I make the world a better place? #YourEduStory

Blue world map from Openclipart.org

I must admit I’m not good with questions like this. I mean I’m just me, one little (ok, not so little) person in this world of 7 billion plus. How can I possibly, on my own, make the world a better place?

And the truth is I can’t, not on my own.

But what I can do, what I already do, is have a little influence in the education of hundreds of children and the professional learning of many teachers. In turn each of them may influence hundreds more and so on. So, what I can do is ensure that the everything I do reflects the things I think are most important:

• Humanity
  • Community
  • Compassion
  • Connection
  • Sustainability

I can promote the use of information and technology in collaborative and creative ways to empower others to make changes (however small) for positive impact on others. I can share what I know and learn because no one benefits if I keep it all to myself. I can be there for support and assistance, and I can recognise when to shut up and let them learn on their own.

I can keep on being a teacher. I might be one tiny drop of water or grain of sand but isn’t that what every ocean or desert started with?

creative commons licensed ( BY-NC-SA ) flickr photo shared by Yeager139

Heather

1. Hi Heather
    I hope that all teachers share your vision for making the world a better place, grain by grain or drop by drop.

2. Heather,

I appreciate that you focus on reflecting what you care for through your actions and decisions. I know this alone will make your ripple effect much more powerful.

-Nicole (@MrsVanWilgen)